Chohoji is a Buddhist temple of Shingon sect located in Kami Kainan City,Wakayama Prefecture. The temple was built in 1000 under the orders of Emperor Ichijo. It was cared for by the Kishu Tokugawa clan through the Edo period as a bodaiji. There is a Kishu Tokogawa clan family graveyard. Hondo, Tahoto, and Daimon are designated as national treasure by the government.