Rishiri Airport is an airport in Rishirifuji Town, Hokkaido Prefecture. Rishirifuji is a town located on Rishiri Island in Rishiri District, Soya, Hokkaido. Nearby is the town of Rishiri . The airport opened in 1962. Risiri Airport is a Class III facility with a 1,800m runway. It provides air service to Wakkanai Air Port. In 1999, the airport's runway was extended to 1,800m for the jet plane.
Tanimachi Kyuchome Station is a train station of Osaka Municipal Subway located in Ikutamamaemachi, Tennoji Ward, Osaka City. It is commonly called “Tani-kyu”. The station serves the Tanimachi and Sennichimae Lines. The station has two side platforms with two tracks for the Tanimachi Line on the first basement, and an island platform with two tracks for the Sennichimae Line on the second basement. It connects to Osaka Uehommachi Station on the Kintetsu Lines. The station connects to Osaka Uehommachi Station on the Kintetsu Lines. It opened on December 17, 1968 as a stop on Line 2.
Minami-morimachi Station is a train station on the Tanimachi and Sakaisuji Lines of Osaka Municipal Subway located in Kita Ward, Osaka City. There are an island platform and a side platform with two tracks for the Tanimachi Line on the second basement. There are two side platforms with two tracks for the Sakaisuji Line on the first basement.
Miyamoto Musashi Station is a railway station on the Chizu Express line in Mimasaka City, Okayama Prefecture. The station takes its name from the famous samurai in the early Edo period Miyamoto Musashi, who is said to be born nearby. The station has one platform to serve the single track. It opened on December 3, 1994.
Shitennoji-mae Yuhigaoka Station is a train station on the Osaka Municipal Subway Tanimachi Line located in Tennoji Ward, Osaka City. The station has two side platforms with two tracks on the first basement. It opened on December 17, 1968 as Shitennoji-mae (Yuhigaoka) Station and renamed "Shitennoji-mae Yuhigaoka Station"on August 29, 1997.
Tanimachi Rokuchome Station is a train station on the Tanimachi and Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Lines of the Osaka Municipal Subway located in Chuo Ward, Osaka City. The station is commonly called "Tani Roku ". It has an island platform with two tracks for each line.
Temmabashi Station is a train station on the Osaka Municipal Subway located in Tanimachi, Chuo Ward, Osaka City. The station has two ticket gates in the north and south. Most passengers who transfer to Keihan Electric Railway use the north gate. There is a one island platform serving two tracks.
Taiwan High Speed Rail(THSR), operated by the Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation, is a high-speed rail system,running between Taipei and Kaohsiung. THSR began service on January 5, 2007. It runs along the west coast of Taiwan, a distance of approximately 335.50 km. An express train travels from Taipei to Kaohsiung in about 90 minutes.
Celebrated on the first Saturday and Sunday in August annually in honor of Gongo, the Gongo Festival is a summer festival held in the riverbank park along the Yoshii-gawa River in Tsuyama City, Okayama Prefecture. Gongo means kappa in the Tsuyama dialect. Kappa are legendary creatures, a type of water sprite found in Japanese folklore. It was believed that gongo lived in the Yoshii-gawa River in old times. A Gongo Dance Contest is held in the daytime, and the fireworks are shot over the river at night.
Chizu Station is a train station located in Chizu Town, Yazu District, Tottori Prefecture. The station serves the Inbi Line , West Japan Railway Company and the Chizu Line , Chizu Express Company. The station has two station buildings. One of them is for the Inbi Line ,and another one is for the Chizu Line. The both station buildings are connected in the yard. The station opened as a terminus of Inbi line operated by the Japanese National Railways when the line was extended between Chizu and Mochigase Stations in 1923.
Tanimachi Yonchome Station is a train station of the Osaka Municipal Subway located in Chuo-ku, Osaka City. The station is commonly called "Tani Yon ". It serves the Tanimachi and Chuo Lines. The station has two side platforms with two tracks for the Tanimachi Line on the second basement, and two side platforms with two tracks for the Chuo Line over the Tanimachi Line.
Danjiri festival is held on 18th-19th September at Kishiwada City in Osaka Prefecture. During men pull a float(danjiri) that dashes through the streets, dancers called "daikugata" ride on top of the float. On the early morning of 18th September, Japanese big drum is ringing here and there at the city of Kishiwada. The highlight of the festival is the dynamic towing of danjiri floats. Float-pullers try to make the floats take 90-degree turns at street intersections without slowing down.
Senko-ji is a Buddhist temple of Shingon Sect located in Senko-ji Park in Onomichi City, Hiroshima Prefecture. According to the temple’s records, Senko-ji was founded in the year 806 by Kukai. The temple is the 10th site of the Chugoku 33 Kannon Pilgrimage. From the grounds of Senko-ji, visitors can view the Seto Inland Sea and even Shikoku Island if the weather is good.
Nakatsu Station is a train station located in Kita Ward, Osaka City on the Osaka Municipal Subway Midosuji Line. The station consists of an island platform and two tracks on the second basement. It opened in1964.
Tokumori Shrine is a Shinto shrine ,located in Miyawaki-machi, Tsuyama City, Okayama Prefecture. Dating back to 1664, this shrine was built by one of the Tsuyama's lords, Mori Tadamasa. The current main building was reconstructed by Mori Nagatsugu in 1664. The main deity of this shrine is Amaterasu Omikami, a sun goddess and one of the principal Shinto deities. The shrine houses a big mikoshi(portable Shinto shrine) which is said to be one of Japan's Three Great Mikosh.
Shurakuen Garden, located in Yamakita,Tsuyama City, Okayama Prefecture, was built in 1657 by the second feudal lord of Tsuyama, Mori Nagatsugu, to be used to entertain important guests. Although the present garden is only one-third of its former size, some original structures within the garden still remain in good condition, including the Yohokaku, Hugetsuken, and Seiryoken. Entrance is free.
Nishinakajima-Minamigata Station is a train station on the Osaka Municipal Subway Midosuji Line located in Yodogawa Ward, Osaka City. The station consists of two side platforms with two tracks elevated. A connecting line from this station is the Hankyu Kyoto Line (Minamikata Station). The station opened in 1964 when Line 1(Midosuzi Line) was extended between Umeda and Shin-Osaka.
Tsuyama Castle is a castle located in Sange, Tsuyama City, Okayama Prefecture, Japan. Tsuyama Castle, also known as Kakusanjo, was completed by the Mori family in 1616 after Mori Tadamasa started the construction in 1603. It is one of the 100 Famous Japanese Castles. The castle was destroyed in 1874 under the orders of government in the early Meiji Period. Bitchu-yagura was reconstructed in 2005. The site has been transformed into a park called Kakuzan-koen.
The H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 18 with the first quasi-zenith satellite "MICHIBIKI" onboard was launched at 8:17 p.m. on September 11 (JST) from the Tanegashima Space Center in southern Kagoshima Prefecture,aiming to improve its global positioning systems. The H-IIA F18 flew smoothly and the MICHIBIKI was successfully separated from the rocket at 28 minutes and 27 seconds after the launch.
Born in Tsuyama of Mimasaka Province in 1799, Mitsukuri Genpo was a Dutch scholar in the late Edo period. He worked as a translator for the Tokugawa Government Bureau when Japan first came into contact with the West except Netherlands. Genpo translated many Western texts into Japanese. His former residence remains on Joto Street of Tsuyama City.
Abe Oji Shrine, also known Abeno Oji Shrine, is a Shinto shrine located in Abeno Motomachi,Abeno Ward, Osaka City. The Legend of the Abeno Oji Gods tells us that this shrine was built by Emperor Nintoku. However, some scholars say it built by Abe, who lived in the area in ancient times. In the Heian period, the shrine had been called as the second of 99 Kumano Oji shrine with the increased popularity of the pilgrimages to visit the Kumano shrines. “Oji” is a rest area on the Kumano Road for people in pilgrimage to the Kumano Sanzan Shrine, Kumano’s main three shrines.
Daikokucho Station is a train station on the Osaka Municipal Subway located in Naniwa Ward, Osaka City. Midosuji and Yotsubashi lines are connected at this station. There are two island platforms with four tracks. The station opened in 1938 when Rout 1(Midosuji Line) was extended between Nanba to Tennoji.
Tatsumi jinja is a Shinto shrine in Tajima-Minami, Ikuno Ward, Osaka City. The deity of the Tatsumi jinja is the 15th Emperor Ojin ,known as the god of war. It is said that the shrine was the guardian shrine of Oji Village (now Tatsumi)in Kawachi Province. The date of the founding of this shrine is uncertain. However, the name of the village Oji appears in Wamyo Ruijusho. The Wamyo Ruijusho is a 938 CE Japanese dictionary of Chinese characters. Minamoto no Shitago was an early Heian waka poet, scholar and nobleman. He was the original compiler of the Wamyo Ruijusho In 1907, the deities of five neighboring shrines were enshrined together. At the same time , the shrine was renamed Tatsumi connected with the new village's name.
Dobutsuen-mae Station is a train station on the Osaka Municipal Subway,Midosuji Line and Sakaisuji Line ,in Nishinari Ward, Osaka City. It is one of the nearest stations to the Tennoji Zoo. There are two side platforms with two tracks on the Midosuji Line. On the Sakaisuji Line ,there is an island platform with two tracks under the Midosuji Line. The station opened in 1938 at the time of the extension between Nanba and Tennoji of Route 1 (Midosuji Line).
Established in 1838 by a physician and Dutch scholar Ogata Koan,Tekijuku was a school in Senba, Osaka. The school was called the ancestor of Osaka University. This school produced the famous persons of the late Edo period, such as Fukuzawa Yukichi, Omura Masujiro,Hashimoto Sanai, Otori keisuke and Takeda Ayasaburo. The building ,which is a two story town building of the Edo period, is designated as an important cultural property. Some materials concerning medical and Dutch studies are on display in the building.
Fukae Inari jinja is a Shinto shrine located in Hukae-minami, Higashinari Ward, Osaka City. The shrine is said to have been founded in the early 8th century. It was a guardian shrine of the former Hukae Village. It is said that Toyotomi Hideyori has remodeled the shrine pavilions in 1603. It is dedicated to Uga no Mitama no Kami. The shrine has strong ties with Kasanuibe (sedge hat craft workers) who came from Kasamui Village of Nara. The precincts are designated as the "Historic Site of Kasanui-mura by Osaka City.
Usa Hachima-gu is also dedicated to the Emperor Ojin’ mother Empress Jingu and his deified wife Hime Okami. This shrine is the chief shrine of Japan's Hachiman-gu shrines . The Main Hall of the Usa-jingu is designated as a National Treasure.
Kareki Hachiman jinja is a Shinto shrine in Koen-minami Yata,Higashisumiyoshi ward, Osaka City. It is a small and old-style designed shrine surrounding by old rows of houses. The shrine belonged to the former Kareki Village. The deity enshrined here is Ho no Ikazuchi no kami or the god of fire and thunder. It is said that mixing earth from its grounds with that used in traditional roofing insulation will prevent lightning strikes.
Usa Hachiman-gu is a Shinto shrine in the city of Usa ,Oita Prefecture. The shrine was founded during the Nara period. The shrine enshrines Emperor Ojin who was the 15th emperor of Japan as Hachiman-jin(the god of war).
Enkoji is a Buddhist temple of the Shingon sect located in the mountains of Hirata town, Sukumo City, Kochi Prefecture. The temple is the 39th Fudasho on the Shikoku Pilgrimage of 88 Holy Sites. It was founded by the priest Gyoki in the first year of the Jinki period as Hokoji. The temple was renamed the current name Enkoji when later revived by the famous priest Kukai. Its gong which from the 11th Enki period is regarded as an important cultural treasure. A legend told us that long ago ,a small red turtle (shyakki) carried the gong on its back, climbing up to the temple from the sea and so the mountain was called Shyakkizan.