Aguchi jinja is a Shinto shrine in Sakai Ward, Sakai City ,Osaka Prefecture. The shrine enshrines the gods of Shiotsuji-no-oji-no-kami,Susano-o-no-mikoto, and Ikutama-no-mikoto. In the year 746, a Buddhist temple ,named Nembutsuji, was built by the monk Gyoki on the current shrine's grounds and the famous monk Kukai added a pagoda to the temple in 806. The local people have begun to call it “Otera-san.” The Otera Picture Scrolls depicting the chronicle of the Aguchi Shrine were written by 25 court nobles including kampaku Konoe Motohiro and were drawn by Tosa Mitsuoki in 1690. The Otera Picture Scrolls have been designated as an Important Cultural Properties.