The Ueno Park is a public park located in Ueno-koen, Taito-ku, Tokyo,Japan. The park is officially called Ueno Onshi Koen, which can be translated as "Ueno Imperial Gift Park". Ueno Park was established by Emperor Taisho in 1924. The park includes National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo National Museum, National Science Museum and Ueno Zoo. A very famous statue of Saigo Takamori stands in this park. This park is one of the most famous spots to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo. The Shinobazu Pond (Shinobazu no Ike) is a pond within Ueno Park.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building is the tallest of the skyscrapers at 243 meters (799 feet)in the skyscraper business district in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan. The two top-floor(45th floor) panoramic observation decks are opened to the public. One is in the southern tower and the other is in the northern tower.
Ark Hills, built by Mori Building in Akasaka, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan, is a complex of buildings which consist of business offices, a hotel(ANA InterContinental Tokyo Hotel), a music hall(Suntory Hall), a TV studio, and residences. It was completed in 1986.
The Great Buddha of Kamakura is a bronze statue of Amida Buddha which sits cross-legged. It stands on the grounds of Kotokuin Temple in Kamakura, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. The statue is approximately 13.35m tall and weighs approximately 93 tons. It is the second largest bronze Buddha statue in Japan next to the one of the Todaiji Temple in Nara. It is believed that the statue was cast in 1252 by the priest Joko. The Great Buddha was originally located in a large temple hall, but this was washed away by a tsunami in 1498. Since then the statue has stood in the open air.
The Aoyama Reien Cemetery is located in Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo. It was established in 1874 as one of the first of its kind park style cemeteries. This graveyard is known that the prominent scientists, politicians, authors and other influential people lying at. The Aoyama Reien is also known as the cherry-viewing spots to be found around the city. People enjoy under the radiant tunnels of blossoming cherry trees when spring has come.
The Yamato Museum is located in Takara-machi, Kure City, 6 min. walk from JR Kure station. The Yamato Museum is a nickname of the "Kure Maritime Museum". The one-tenth scale model of the battleship Yamato is exhibited on its first floor named Yamato Hiroba. The scale model is duplicated as accurately as possible, based on original drawings, photos, and underwater images done by submersible surveys. A Zero fighter Type 62 and a human torpedo Kaiten are on display in the Large Objects Exhibition Room of the 1st floor.
Mount Takao(takaosan) is a mountain in Hachioji City, Tokyo, Japan. It is a popular hiking spot, with eight hiking courses and people can enjoy easy climbing experiences by choosing their own hiking course. Visitors to Mount Takao can take a funicular or ropeway ride halfway up the mountain.
In Japan, an Autumnal Equinox Day (Shubun no hi) is an official national holiday, and is spent visiting family graves and holding family reunions. Day or night times are the same in now. By the way,ohagi is a rice cake made with sweet rice and sweet azuki (red bean) paste. Ohagi is named after the bush clover(hagi), which flowers during autumn. In Japan, there is a custom to offer Ohagi to the ancestors in the autumnal equinox.
Septenber 22nd is the Kokumin no kyujitsu which is the day in between the two other holidays. Japanese law stipulates that if there is only one non-holiday in between two public holidays, that day should become an additional holiday. It is known as a Kokumin no kyujitsu.
The Kishiwada Danjiri Matsuri is held in Kishiwada City, Osaka Prefecture. It is said to be one of the most famous Danjiri Matsuri in Japan. The festival is held on the Saturday and Sunday before Respect for the Aged Day in September. It involves 34 Danjiri. Danjiri is a large wooden cart.
JMSDF Kure Museum is located in Takaramachi, Kure-shi, Hiroshima-ken. It was established to introduce the history of JMSDF. A real submarine which was recently decommissioned is exhibited outside of its building. Visitors can ride in it and see, touch and feel its interior.
Kusatsu hot spring located in Gunma Prefecture is one of the most famous hot spring resorts in Japan. Local women wearing kimono perform a yumomi-show accompanied by the tones of Kusatsu-bushi music at Yubatake. Yumomi is a traditional method of cooling the very high temperature water using long wooden paddles.
Kusatsu is a nice spot. Visit here at least once. ・・Dokkoisho. You'll be surprised to see the flowers bloom in the spa. ・・・Choina, choina
The Azuchi Castle was a castle of Oda Nobunaga built in 1579 in Omi Province. It was famous for having a seven stories main keep. In the summer of 1582, the castle was attacked by the forces of Akechi Mitsuhide just after Nobunaga's death at Honnoji in Kyoto. The castle was demolished.
Takehara is a city located in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. Takehara is sometimes called Small Kyoto in Aki because of its history that had prospered as a territory of the Kyoto Shimogamo Jinja in the far-off Heian era. The town also prospered by the salt manufacture in the Edo era. Most rows of houses from the late Edo period still remain in this town, Takehara has a museum, named Takehara Museum, whose collections are presented by the family of the former prime Minister Hayato Ikeda. Hayato Ikeda collected them before he died. The collections include the works of Hogai Kano.
Battotai is a Japanese military song composed by Charles Edouard Gabriel Leroux (1851-1926) born in France. It praises the activity of the Battotai of the Metropolitan Police Department in the Satsuma Rebellion.
Gochinza Kinen-sai / Manto-sai will be held at Hirano-jinja Shrine on September 14. Hirano-jinja Shrine is located in Kita-ku, Kyoto-shi. The shrine was established in 794 by Emperor Kammu. The shrine is dedicated to Imaki-no-kami ,Kudo-no-kami , Furuaki-no-kami and Hime-no-kami . Some 800 lanterns decorate the shrine and people pray. Performances of noh music and dance are presented at the Worshippers' Hall.
The Itsuki Lullaby is a lullaby of Itsugi Village in Kumamoto, also known widely in Japan, and is a folk song representative Kushu , Japan. Itsuki was the place where the Heike people came to settle after their defeat in the Genji-Heike War. The song is a lullaby sung by the baby sitters from the poor families.
Odoma bon-giri bon-giri, Bon kara sakya oran-do Bon ga hayo kurya, Hayo modoru. ・・・・・・・ I will only be here until Bon Festival, After that , I will leave from here . The sooner Bon Festival arrives, The sooner I can go home.
The raccoon dog image on the platform of Senbabashi Streetcar Stop. Anta gata doko sa? Where do you come from? Higo sa. From Higo. Higo doko sa. Where is Higo? Kumamoto sa. Kumamoto. Kumamoto doko sa. Which district of Kumamoto? Senba sa. Senba. Senba yama ni wa tauki ga otte sa. There are racoon dogs in Mt. Senba. Sore wo ryoshi ga teppo de utte sa, nite sa, yaite sa, kutte sa. Hunters shoot them with a gun, boil them, grill them and eat them. Sore wo konoha de choi to kabuse. They cover them with leaves.
Kumano Nyakuoji Jinja Shrine is one of three Kumano shrines in Kyoto as well as Imakumano Jinja and Kumano Jinja. It is located in Nyakuoji-cho Sakyo-ku along Kyoto's Philosopher's Walk. It was established by ex- emperor Goshirakawa in 1160 as a guardian shrine for Nyakuoji Temple. Nyakuoji Jinja Shrine is popular in late autumn for its autumn colours. The leaves of the surrounding trees have turned various shades of orange and red.
Eikan-do Zenrin-ji is the head temple of Jodo-shu Seizan Zenrin-ji sect. It is located in Eikando-cho 48, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto. It was founded by Shinsho, a pupil of Kukai. The temple has more than 1,100 years of history. Zenrin-ji is famous for its unusual statue of the Amida Buddha, which looks over its shoulder. This is called the Mikaeri -Amida. The merciful pose of Mikaeri -Amida attracts people. The temple is known as "Eikando in Maple Leaves" It has a beautiful garden filled with many maple trees.
Choyo Ceremony (the Double Ninth Festival) will be held on September 9th at Kamigamo-jinja Shrine. At this ceremony, people offer chrysanthemum flowers to the deity to pray for good health. After the ceremony, the Karasu Sumo(Crow Wrestling) will be performed. In the shrine garden, two Shinto priests(tone) holding bows and arrows dance around like crows (sansan-ku-jump)while shouting, “Ka-Ka-Ka! Ko-ko-ko!” The Karasu Sumo has its origin in a ｌｅｇｅｎｄ . During the march of the Emperor Jinmu with his ｆｏｌｌｏｗｅｒｓ, from Kumano to Yamato, an old man, named Taketsu-no-Mi-no-Mikoto, was transformed into a mysterious large three legged crow and guided the emperor on his way. The divine spirit of Taketsu-no-Mi-no-Mikoto who had been enshrined in the Koga Jinja which was branch shrine of Kamigamo Jinja. An event commemorating the strange three legged crow was combined with sumo wrestling to scare away evil spirits. The result is so-called “Karasu Sumo”. Afterwards, local children sumo wrestle(Honozumo). A cup of chrysanthemum flower sake will be offered that is believed to be effective for longevity.
Rakanji is a Buddhism temple located in Hojo, Hojo-cho, Kasai-shi, Hyogo-ken. The temple is famous for the Gohyaku-Rakan statues (the 500 disciples of Buddha), actually 450 statues in the temple’s northern garden. These statues represent the 500 followers of Shaka Their exotic faces are said o have been modeled on non-Japanese. Although the time of production is not clear, it seems to have done at least before the Edo era. There are no two statues alike. It is said that visitors can find the statue most resembling the dead family among the statues.
Nanzen-ji is a Zen Buddhist temple in Sakyo-ku,Kyoto. It is the head temple of the Rinzai sect's Nanzenji school of Zen Buddhism. The temple is the highest rank, having the title of "First Temple of The Land", among Japanese Zen temples. Nanzenji was first built in 1264 as an imperial villa, named Zenrinjiden, by Emperor Go-Saga. It was become a temple in 1291 by Ex-Emperor Kameyama. Nanzenji is famous for its sliding doors (fusuma) in the Seiryo-den , which are decorated by paintings of the Kano School. The main gate of Nanzenji is called San mon which was built in 1628 by Todo Takatora. This gate is famous for having become a model of kabuki play “Sanmon Gosan no Kiri” written by the playwright Namiki Gohei .
The Philosopher's Path (Tetsugaku no michi) is a stone path along the canal , which is lined by hundreds of cherry trees, between Ginkaku-ji and Nyakuoji-jinja. The path is so-named because Nishida Kitaro, one of Japan's most famous philosophers and Kyoto University philosophy professor, who is thought to have practiced meditation while walking this route on his daily commute to his university. There are some restaurants, cafes, and boutiques along the path. A number of temples and shrines such as Honen-in, Otoyo Shrine, and Eikan-do Zenrin-ji ,which are a short walk from the canal, can be found.
On Sept. 15, 1890, the Ottoman frigate Ertuğrul set sail for Turkey fromYokohama. On the next day, Ertuğrul was caught in a typhoon off the coast of Wakayama Prefecture. She was battered by fierce winds and waves. By nightfall on Sept. 16, Ertugrul had suffered damage so much. At last ,the sailors could not control her. She drifted toward the rocky coast of Oshima Island of Wakayama Prefecture . At midnight, the ship drifted into a reef off Oshima Island and sank. It resulted in the loss of 533 sailors, including Admiral Ali Osman Pasha. Only 67 sailors and officers survived. The Turkish Memorial and Museum is located on the southeastern end of the island. It commemorates the crash of the Ertuğrul on Oshima's shores. The articles presented by the Turkey government besides the model of the Ertuğrul and the crew member's articles left by the departed are exhibited in the museum. From the second floor observatory, the point where the Ertuğrul ran on a rock can be seen.
Hateruma (Hateruma-jima) is an island in the Yaeyama District of Okinawa Prefecture. This island is the southern-most populated island ,having approximate 600 inhabitants, in Japan while Okinotorishima is the southern-most uninhabited island of Japan. Hateruma is 42 kilometers southwest of Ishigaki. The island is famous that people can see the Southern Cross over the southern horizon from February to June. There is an airport operated by the local government on this island but as of 2009, no commercial airlines serve.
Kaze no Bon (Bon Dance of the Wind) is a Japanese traditional folk event held every year from September 1 to 3 in Yatsuo, Owara of Toyama Prefecture. This festival has a history of about 300 years. All the men and women of the town lit small paper lantern stands along the streets and dance all night with the melody filled with the pathetic feeling of the Etchuu Owara Bushi. The women wear the same type of kimono with black sashes and hats made by straw, while the men wear short jackets and amigasa hats. Accompaniment is provided b by shamisen, kokyu and drums.
The Shimabara Railway Line (Shimabara Tetsudō-sen) is a Japanese railway line between Isahaya Station in Isahaya City and Kazusa Station,in Minamishimabara City ,within Nagasaki Prefecture. The line is operated by Shimabara Railway established on May 5, 1908. The company also operates buses and ships. There are 44 stations on this line including terminals. It runs 78.5 km distance along the coast of Shimabara Peninsula.